Proximity Magnetic Sensors
• Rectangular, cylindrical or trapezoidal housing
• Several dimensions
• Side or front operating mode
The CL magnetic units, used for operating magnetic prox- imity sensors, consist of permanent magnets sharply sized for the job they are intended.Theirshapecan be rectangular, cylindrical or trapezoidal.
Block-shapedmagnetic units must beplaced on non-magneticsupports. Their minimum thickness must be in accordance with the one listed in the table “Type Selection”, in parallel to the switch longitudinal axis.
ShapeHousing material Magnetic material*Minimum separation** Reference
Rectangular Plastic Alnico10 CL1
Plastic Alnico20 CL2
Plastic Alnico30 CL3
Plastic Alnico50 CL4
CylindricalPlastic AlnicoNot mandatory CL10
Plastic AlnicoNot mandatory CL11
- FerriteNot mandatory CL18
- FerriteNot mandatory CL23
- FerriteNot mandatory CL31
- FerriteNot mandatory CL20S1
Plastic FerriteNot mandatory CL20S3
TrapezoidalPlastic AlnicoNot mandatory CL90
Distances are specified in millimeters (mm)
* see Magnetic Material Description table for more details.
** minimum distance required between two magnetic units on the same axis.
Magnetic Material Description
The principalmaterials,by which the above mentioned magnetic units are realized, can be classified in:
- Ferrite: is a mixture made of iron oxide and barium carbonate (or strontium) and is obtained through a dry or wet way sintering process.
- Alnico: is a mixture made of iron, aluminum, nickel, cobalt and other elements in lower percentage it is obtained through fusion anditsprincipalfeatures
are the hardness and the relative resistance tohits, the high value of magneti- zationandthepossibility to be used at high temper- atures.
Specifications are subject to change without notice (29.08.14) 1