Basic-type Digital Temperature Controller
E5AN/E5EN (96 x 96 mm and 48 x 96 mm)
New 96 x 96-mm and 48 x 96-mm Basic Temperature Controllers with
Enhanced Functions and Performance. Improved Indication Accuracy and
Preventive Maintenance Function.
• Indication Accuracy
Thermocouple input: ±0.3% of PV (previous models: ±0.5%) Pt input: ±0.2% of PV (previous models: ±0.5%)
Analog input: ±0.2% FS (previous models: ±0.5%)
• A PV/SV-status display function can be set to alternate between displaying the PV or SV and the status of the Temperature Controller (auto/manual, RUN/STOP and alarms).
• Preventive maintenance for relays using a Control Output
• Three-level display that simultaneously displays the PV, SV, and MV.
• One-touch operation with PF Key that can be assigned to auto/manual, RUN/STOP, or other functions.
Main I/O Functions
96 × 96 mm
48 × 96 mm
Refer to Safety Precautions on page 18.
3-line Display ✽
Simultaneously displays set items,
such as the PV, SV, and MV.
✽ A 2-line display when shipped from the factory. A
3-line display is activated if parameters are initialized. For details on the third display level, refer to the User’s Manual, Basic Type (Cat. No. H156).
4 digit, 11 segments Display
• Universal thermocouple/Pt inputs
(Models with temperature inputs)
• Anal og current/voltage inputs
(Models with analog inputs)
• Thermocouple input: ±0.3% of PV
• Pt input: ±0.2% of PV
• Analog input:±0.2% FS
Sampling Period and control update
• 250 ms
Control Output 2
• Voltage output
(for driving SSR)
• Long-life relay output (hybrid)
Control Output 1
• Relay output
3 auxiliary outputs
• Auto/manual switching
• Temperature Controller
• Simple program function
• Control output ON/OFF
• PV change rate alarm
• Models optional available with RS-485 or RS-232C communications
(Programmable function key)
• Voltage output (for driving SSR)
• Current output
This data sheet is provided as a guideline for selecting products. Be sure to refer to the following user manuals for application precautions and other information required for operation before attempting to use the product.
E5CN/E5AN/E5EN Digital Temperature Controllers User's Manual Basic Type (Cat. No. H156) E5CN/E5AN/E5EN Digital Temperature Controllers Communications Manual Basic Type (Cat. No. H158)
Basic-type Digital Temperature Controller E5AN/E5EN 1