Type EM21 72D
● Certified according to MID Directive (option PF only):
see “how to order” below
● Not-certified version available (option X):
see “how to order” on the next page.
● Class B (kWh) according to EN50470-3
● Class 1 (kWh) according to EN62053-21
● Class 2 (kvarh) according to EN62053-23
● Accuracy ±0.5 RDG (current/voltage)
● Energy meter
● Instantaneous variables readout: 3 DGT
● Energies readout: 7 DGT
● System variables: W, var, PF, Hz, Phase-sequence.
● Single phase variables: VLL, VLN, A, PF
● Energy measurements: total kWh and kvarh
● TRMS measurements of distorted sine waves (voltages/currents)
● Self power supply
● Dimensions: 4-DIN modules and 72x72mm
● Protection degree (front): IP50
● Application adaptable display and programming procedure
● Easy connections management
● Detachable display
● Multi-use housing: for both DIN-rail and panel mounting applications
Three-phase energy meter with removable front LCD display unit.Thesameunitcanbe used either as a DIN-rail mounting or a panel mounting energy meter. This general pur- pose three-phase energy meter
is suitable for bothactive and reactive energymetering for cost allocation but also for main electrical parameter mea- surement and retransmission (transducer function). Housing for DIN-rail mounting with IP50
(front)protectiondegree. Cur- rent measurements carried out by means of external current transformers and voltage mea- surements carried out either by means of directconnectionor bymeansofpotentialtrans-
formers. EM21-72D is provid- ed, as standard, with a pulsat- ing output for active energy retransmission. In addition a 2- wireRS485communication port is available as an option.
Certified according to MID Directive, Annex "B" + Annex "D" for legal metrolo- gy relevant to active electrical energy meters (seeAnnex MI-003 of MID).Can
How to orderEM21 72D AV5 3 X O X PF A D
Model Range code System
be used for fiscal (legal) metrology. Only the total active energy meter is certified according to MID.
Option Measurement Mounting type
AV5: 400VLL AC, 5(6)A (CT connection)
5(6)A (VT/PT and
O:Single static output (opto- mosfet)
S: RS485 port
X: Self power supply from 18V to 260VAC VLN, 50 Hz (connection VL1-N)
D: DIN-rail mounting
P: Panel mounting
PF: Certified according to MID Directive, Annex "B" + Annex "D" for legal metrology relevant to active electrical ener- gy meters (see Annex
MI-003 of MID). Can be used for fiscal (legal) metrology.
A:The power is always integrated -both in
case of positive (imported) and negative (exported) power
B:only the positive (imported) power is integrated - no integration in case of negative (exported) power
NOTE: please check the availability of the needed code on the verification path diagram on left before order .
Specifications are subject to change without notice EM2172D DS ENG0310141